Tuesday 3 February 2009

Round here almost everyone's off work, it seems...


Our second snowy day and although there's a lot of thawing going on, still plenty of snow to entertain the kids - and all their mums and dads, it seems. There is a real holiday atmosphere down our road, around a quarter of the householders were out clearing their drives and paths this morning in the bright sunshine. And nearly everyone said hello or good morning when we headed down to the shops this morning, it was better than Christmas!
The roads are alive with everyone walking instead of the usual car journey. Though it was notable as we headed out that the hum of motors from the main road half a mile away had resumed after yesterday's peace everywhere. I expect all will be back to normal by the end of the week, but for myself I plan to make more short to medium journeys by foot and bicycle this year.
If you're thinking the photo looks a bit grey it's only partly because it was a cloudy day yesterday when it was taken. I didn't get the exposure right, so I've had a bit of a play with the colours on this and some of those that follow. I quite like the old fashioned mono effect here.

1 comment:

Sue Swift said...

We too have had loads of snow this year. I think it's been pretty general across europe...